Cannon Health Care Consulting and Education
This year, 2013, we will be helping out Colfax Community Network with their Annual Holiday Party for the Homeless families in Denver. Here is how you can help us this year: See below for a contact name and number to volunteer.
As you all know, I strongly support a local homeless facility for homeless families and children. I connect through Cannon Health Care Education by providing nursing care and through JMoon Promotions by providing music for the children and events.
We are preparing for our annual holiday party for the families to provide them with a day of dinner and celebration of the holidays. They rely on your help to make this happen. So, if you need a place to volunteer this year, this is the place!! Posted below is information on this activity and what is needed, if you desire to donate also. Thank you from my heart.
Please let me know if you can help with any of the things below.
This year our Holiday Party is scheduled for Saturday, December 21st at noon. The address is: 1585 Kingston St.
**The most important thing we do at CCN is to show caring and respect to all our clients**
We need set up volunteers to arrive at 9:30 and we need to be done with clean up by 4. We will also need a volunteer team on Sunday, Dec 15th for stuffing stockings and sorting presents. This will be done from 1-4 on the 15th. Volunteer shifts of four hours work well as this is a busy event with lots to do. If you want to stay longer, you are welcome to.
Let me know the area/areas you are interested in signing up for:
We need gifts for ages 0-99 with a 75% children's gifts. Gifts are due by Friday December 13th. Below is a short list of items to help shoppers.
Barbie, Bratz dolls
balls, all sizes footballs, soccer balls, basketballs...
tonka style trucks
hats, scarves, gloves,
hygiene gift sets
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!!!!
Please find below all of our Ongoing Projects in the Community.
1. Project Pink: Cannon Health Care has partnered with Platt College of Nursing and 5280 Movement, to provide services to teens in need. These services include training in CPR, Healthsaver, Life Skills, Child growth and development, Nutrition, Self-Care, Well baby checks, assessments, etc.. We will have an expert RN to precept and oversee the training, as well as put together a book of resources for the center. These services go to Teen Moms and Dads, troubled teens, children and infants. 5280 has a nursery for the children of the teens. We will be providing another expert RN who does Master training on Dr. Dad for the young teen males. Please join us in spirit as we move forward with this exciting project for the new year.
2. Project Blue: Gathering donations for the Colfax Community Project to help 100 homeless families. We now have services in place to provide nursing services to the families, help with afterschool programs and be a part of family dinner night. *Feb 2012 update: CHCC and The Decibel Garden (a music recording studio) will be hosting a tour for the children on March 16th from 3:30 - 5:pm. Also, JMoon Promotions "Got Music" afterschool program is underway with volunteers playing music for the children on Thursdays.
3. Project International 2011: Dr. Cannon and Dr. Smith are providing a Women's Health Event with Speakers on Women Health Topics, B/P screenings, and answer general women's health questions! The event will target the Hispanic community of Denver Highlands area. Coming soon....stay tuned.
4. Project Red: We have partnered with Dignity Home Health and Dignity Home Hospice to provide Nursing services through RN Students.
5. Project "Got Music?": We have partnered with JMoon Promotions in an effort to provide homeless children with the gift of donated musical instruments and donated time spent with the children by the musicians playing music. The program is underway and features muscians such as Eef Guittar, Kelly Nelson, JJ Fraser, etc. *New for February 2012, the "Got Music" program is underway at Movement 5280 providing music to the youth on Friday nights. February 24 stars a "past IDOL contestant" John Runnels. We had over 50 volunteer musicians to help with this program in 2012. We are looking towards a prosperous New Year 2013!! See above for information on the holiday party for 2013. We are looking for volunteers to provide some Christmas music/talent for over 400 people. Thank you.
Check out our ATI Prices!
Recent Blog Entries
Twitter Follow Button
Facebook Like Button
Simulation Training - Four
Simulation Education - Training Three
Simulation Education - Training Two
Simulation Education - Training One